Invitation to tenderGarden and landscape services invited to tender to create a sensory garden
Download this information as a pdf110.24 KB
Garden design and Landscaping Services Required for A Sensory Garden at Wye House Gardens Play Area
Creative tenders are invited to refresh the play area at Wye House Gardens in Marlborough. We are looking for something a bit different to the usual play equipment, which has maximum effect with minimum impact.
Providers should provide a fully costed design that encompasses the following:
• re- surfacing the site, allowing all season accessibility for preschool children, children with additional needs, and accessibility for push chairs, and people with limited mobility.
• re-instating the play area boundary, preferably with metal fencing in keeping with the immediate area
• to provide a safe accessible space for children up to 5 years, and for older children with special needs
• a safe ‘sensory experience’ that enables exploration and an appreciation of the natural environment
• to include a crown shaped shelter / structure that encourages creative play
• to include bench seating that is robust and simple in its design
• some provision for border planting and children’s horticultural projects
Once received the Council will select its preferred tenders and will carry out targeted community consultation to ascertain best value and relevance, and as such tenders should allow a 3-month window of validity. On acceptance of the tender a scheme of works will be required.
Budget guide circa £25,000
Tender closing date: 31st May 2023
Contact details: Richard Spencer-Williams, Town Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01672 512487